- To identify all groups engaged in historic and cultural preservation;
- To offer an opportunity to share information and resources of regional funding;
- To provide continuing education for well-established and fledgling organizations, supported through private funding and membership, and develop a resource exchange for members;
- Develop programs after implementation of a needs assessment, using the African American Conference participation as the database;
- To secure funding to enhance awareness of local preservation efforts;
- To provide a “brain trust” that would strengthen and support its membership
- To develop a website that is current and available to all with special features or services for the network’s membership.